Saturday, January 15, 2011

Organizing

I made an attempt at organizing things today. I pulled out my big yarn bin, put about a dozen half-balls of yarn into the scrapghan bag, and I put a few other bits of fingering weight yarn into a bag to make into a little shawl that will change colors as it goes! I'm excited for that, it'll be pretty. Then on top of that, I made a little list of various skeins of yarn I have and what I want to use them for, and I got together a small bag for yarn that I want to donate or give away or something.

I have cast on my first sock, as well. I don't have a photo yet because I am too lazy to get my camera and all of its bits together, and my iPod has a hard time connecting to the internets at home. It is a wonderful teal blue color. Rather than knit in rib for 8 inches, I did rib for ten rows (because I hate rib) and then I will just do stockinette until the thing is 6 inches. I am nervous about the idea of turning the heal.

I am on the second of three lace repeats for my Traveling Woman shawl. It is getting stupid wide, though. But, after looking at that blocking thread I found on Ravelry the other day, I am super excited to finish and block it because it will be super pretty.

My plan for the day is basically to watch movies on Netflix (though I think I've watched all of the dinosaur docs.. :< ) and try to work on my scrapghan, which has been sadly neglected recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment