Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nerd Wars

So I haven't been keeping up with Nerd Wars as well this tournament. I mean, I've been following the threads and stuff, but between moving, internet and all kinds of other things, I haven't been participating as much, which makes me sad, really. So I'm going to go through and, even though the month is almost half over, I'm going to go through the challenges for this month, like I used to.

Scientific (WAVES): I'm thinking about doing something with Professor X and his psychic waves. I'm thinking something yellow, in honor of his crazy floating wheelchair from the original cartoon series. :P

Intellectual (FINISHING THE RACE): It's another WIP challenge! Yay! I actually finished a WIP this month, but I forgot to take in progress pictures like a fool. :< So I'm going to see about finishing the Riverbanks hood and my Dalaran Reading Mitts. Hopefully.

Technical (GUILTY PLEASURES): I'm crocheting a pair of fingerless mittens for this one. I was not sure what I would do at first, but then I realized that sometimes I will crochet something because it's easier/faster than knitting, and fingerless mittens are kind of my go-to project, which is silly.

Team Spirit (NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION): I was thinking about making a utility belt for Isaac or something like that. Or possibly the Bat Signal, to fit in with our Team Unity project.

Nerd Culture (KNOW YOUR ROOTS): For this one, I was thinking about making a Superman cape for Isaac. Superman was the first major super hero, according to Wikipedia.

Giving Geeks (RESPECT YOUR ELDERS, ESPECIALLY THE LONELY ONES): I was thinking about doing or making something for Gramma Sue. Other than that, I don't really know what I'd do.

So yeah, I'm working on some Nerd Wars stuff, including my dissertation. I'm hoping to get a lot of knitting done, especially now that we can use Netflix and watch movies again on our new (super bitchin) TV. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment