Friday, February 18, 2011

Impulse Buys

So I was looking at Etsy today. This is a thing that I really should never do. Do you know what they have on Etsy? Hand-dyed yarn. Pretty hand-dyed yarn.

I was looking today, just a little bit ago, when I found a really pretty yarn that was different shades of blues and greys and do you know what it was called? Little Boy Blue. That is cheating. Cheating, I tell you! How could I not immediately go "GASP. Boy Bluuuueee~~~" because Blue is my favorite character in my favorite comic book (aside from maybe something with X-Men.). It was only reading the description that saved me from an immediate impulse buy--the listed price was for one ball of yarn. I would need two to make an adult sized pair of socks.

So right now I am settling for adding them to my favorites and closing the window. And pouting. And considering getting a temporary job just to buy more yarn.

But now I am thinking. Maybe I should learn to dye my own yarn. ..Where do I get "blank" yarn? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment