Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nerd Wars Tournament the Second!

So the first round of Nerd Wars has finished. I earned my team a grand total of 30 points (I think), which I am pretty proud of. :D But now the new challenges are out! Yay!

Team Spirit (In like a lion, out like a lamb): The theme here is animals or the hard/soft contrast of the proverb. My first thought was hunters and druids. But I hate druids. And as much as I love my hunter, he is only level 13 and I don't really know what to make for him. But then I had a thought. You know who's an animal? Ozumat. My favorite dungeon at this point is Heroic Throne of Tides. Yay Squiddy!

Scientific (Capillary Action):. I had no idea what to do for this one until someone in my group mentioned that this is the scientific name for when you put black marker on a coffee filter, get it wet, and then it becomes a rainbow. So my yarn has been ordered: I'm making socks with a black toe and heel and a rainbow body. :D

Nerd Culture (Don't Hide Your Light Under a Bushel): Basically, either yarn bomb or document yourself knitting in public. Easy peasy.

Intellectual (Warrior's Friend): This challenge has an Anglo-Saxxon riddle on the main page, so I'm guessing that's why it's the intellectual challenge. My first thought was to make myself a partial glove that covers my pinky and the heel of my hand for art class, but I might go with something else. Maybe a little cozy for my tablet? The poor thing.

Giving Geeks (WIP Help): For this one we have to help someone who is otherwise unable to finish a project. Like if they have arthritis or died or something. I might help Ellie finish her arm warmers, since she is too busy to make them herself. I asked and this would be okay by the judges. :)

Technical (Polytechs): For the last challenge option, we basically have to combine two or more crafts. That could mean either spinning something and then knitting it, crochet + knitting in the same project, knit + sewing, anything! Well, as long as one of the crafts is one of the four RavCrafts. I am trying to figure out if I can incorporate drawing somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment