Saturday, November 20, 2010

Eventful Day

I went to knitting today! It was awesome! Yay!

While there, several things happened. The first was that Emily gave me this FANTASTIC pair of felted slippers she made for me. They are super warm and fit perfectly, and I so far love patting about the house in them.
The second was that I learned that Hacho is on sale at this particular LYS. This was a bad thing for me to learn. :< I bought two skeins of it, and at least one will be for Christmas knitting. I think I'm going to use one of them on Ellie, and another one might just be for me...
Third is that I found the most beautiful yarn and I loved it. It was so soft and was a beautiful mix of purple and reddish pink. I had to keep getting up out of my seat to go look at it and pet it some more. So, I ended up buying it of course. :/ I'm bad at this game. This yarn, though, will become my first socks. Once I find my dpns. ...Crap.

Also at knitting (I got tired of counting, apparently,) I finished my headband! The crochet one I have been working on but didn't mention cause it didn't seem important! Yeah, that one! I wore it underneath my real had because today was/is our coldest day so far. :(


(So, I can't seem to get this new picture thing to work for me. Ugh.)




Also today, I got my set of 16" circs in the mail! It's got one each of sizes 0 - 15, without any exclusions, I believe. This means that I can knit hats now! This also means that I no longer have any excuses for not making things like this dew drop cowl, or good luck cowl, or the ridged lace cowl, or even things knit flat like the branching out scarf. {All Ravely links.} I've also got one other cowl that it not, to my knowledge, on Ravelry. I'll probably use some of my new Hacho for that, come to think of it...
I will also be using these circs for some already planned Christmas presents for some people who will adore their presents. (Yes, I am teasing you. You know who you are.)

Shortly after I got all these circs in the mail, I organised them all into my hanging organizer jobber (this thing.) Since only the needles themselves (as opposed to the cords) stick out beyond the case, it now looks like some horrifying porcupine death organizer. Just thought I'd share that, cause I think it's really funny.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment