Monday, November 8, 2010

Funk

Yo.

So, I've been in kind of a knitting funk lately, and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. So here's what I've been working on lately:

I'm probably about 10% done with my scrapghan so far. Some of my friends and people in my knitting group have been giving me their scraps, and I quite like how it looks so far. It's super nice to have while watching bad TV.

I made a pair of Dashing armwarmers for my boyfriend, who was ecstatic to get them. He wears them all the time and takes good care of them, which makes me very happy about the idea of knitting for him again. (His poor scarf, though, is still only half done..)



I have been crocheting granny squares like a crazy thing. When I have enough, I'm going to sew them all together to make a pixel sprite (that's "mosaic" to a lot of people) of Yoshi! I was going to do Link, but I couldn't find a sprite that was both simple enough to do and not boring/ugly. I think if I were to make another one, I'm gonna make a triforce. <3



More on the crochet front, I've been working on a pair of cuffs for myself. They're bright red, and I love them so far. I also learned how to do ribbing with this pattern. Or one way to do ribbing, at least.

I'm also writing a pattern! I am going to make a scarf for my uncle for Christmas, but the pattern I want does not exist right now. More on that later, closer to the holiday and probably when the pattern is actually written.

Also, in the realm of plans: I bought a pound of yarn on Friday. It is to make myself a stuffed animal. His name will be Thognos, and he will be based on my void walker from World of Warcraft. Yes, I'm one of those. I will be crocheting this one, but I'm waiting until I have a little bit more experience to actually do it.

Sorry there aren't more photos. I'll do a photo dump again soon, though. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment