Thursday, November 18, 2010

Needles

So, instead of spamming my Twitter feed like I usually do, I'm going to post a blog about it. Yay productivity! (No, never mind the pile of homework in the corner. It's not important. Promise.)

First of all, I am at somewhat of a loss. I cannot find my dpns anywhere! It's freaking me out! I have a growing collection, stored in two tins (one for odds, one for evens), but I cannot find either tin. I was just finally getting up the courage to try a sock again, and one of my intended Christmas presents requires dpns, for part of it at least.
I did get a similar tin for my crochet hooks, which I can, of course, find. Maybe my dpns ran away cause they're jealous of my hooks? I would feel so bad. ;^;

But on to the real issue.

I am very seriously considering getting a set of knitting needles. Of course, most people think of the addi Clicks when they think of sets. And those look really nice. It's difficult to convince myself to not just cave and bu them. I know that I currently have the dollars to get them, but I don't have income right now. The other issue with this set is that it doesn't come with a 16" cable, for hats.
The one I am leaning towards right now, though, are the metal Options set from KnitPicks. I've never ordered from KnitPicks before, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.
There also the Denise needles, which don't sound terrible. They do have the shorter cords that I want, but they have fewer needle sizes total. They're also plastic, though, which I'm not sure I'd like.

I partly want to get the needles because I'm finally past that point where you only use two sizes of needle because you only know how to knit with DK yarn or whatever.
Also, I have so much yarn. I have projects lined up for some (ok, much) of it, but I don't have the needles I require to work on them.

In regards to other things I've been working on, though . . .

I've done a couple of rows on my uncle's scarf. It's still fun to work on because it changes almost every row, so it's (so far) not an endurance project. ..Yet.
I've been working on that scarf for John I've been working on for . . . a year now? Hmm. I'm a little more than half done now, I think. It is more than half my armspan, so that's nifty. I need to get my yarn wound on Saturday, since I'm coming to the end of the cakes I'm currently knitting from.

I'm thinking about other Christmas knitting, trying to figure out what to do for people. I did figure out what I'm making for my friend Mike, though I can't post it here until I've finished it and given it to him because I'm fairly sure he reads these posts. ( :P )
I'm figuring I'll just make a halfdome for my brother, if anything. I'm gonna try to get that vikings hat for my older sister, and I'm trying to think of something suitably awesome for Ellie. I also feel like I should make something for Kari, but I don't know what. I have an idea about a present for Laura, too, cause heaven knows she deserves something awesome with what she's been going through recently.

I'll figure it out. It's just nice to write it all down to figure it out, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment