Monday, November 22, 2010

My First Cowl!

I meant to post this yesterday, whoops. But I finished my Dew Drop Cowl! I'm pretty happy with it, as far as first cowls go.
  I mistrusted the pattern, initially, when they said that gauge did not matter. The pattern said to cast on 200 stitches, but considering that 200 stitches would make it as wide as the blanket I'm currently knitting, I went with 100, like many people suggested. The cowl is still big enough to wrap around my neck twice. I would CO 50 if I did this pattern again, with the same weight yarn and the same needle size. I'd have to make it on dpns, though, if that were the case.
I like making cowls, I decided, but from now on, I'm going to go with ones that list a gauge, cause I still don't have what I want from this cowl: a tighter fitting garment that will keep my neck warm in the winter without a lot of hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment